Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Diffusing essential oils

I have been using essentials oils with my family for at least 12 years now.  I originally purchased a Breeze diffuser.  This is one where you can attach the diffuser hose directly to your essential oil bottle. This type of diffuser gives off a very concentrated mist of essential oil, which is great to place in the main part of your home, especially during times of sickness, but I was never really comfortable leaving it run all night in a child's room.  Even on the lowest setting it seemed it would fill the room fairly quickly with a pretty concentrated amount of oil.

Then about 3 years ago I came across the GreenAir SpaVapor diffuser.  This is great to run in smaller spaces for longer periods of time, because instead of diffusing pure essential oils into the air, you add water to the base and only add in a few drops of oil.  It runs for several hours and I have found it to have the added benefit of adding moisture to the air, which is great as our house can get pretty dry in the winter.  I purchased mine in October of 2015 and its still going strong.


No comments: