Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Banana ice cream for breakfast

This is what happens when you don't get the food processor lid put on properly. :-)


My sweet little girl decided to make banana ice cream for breakfast. She got all of the ingredients she wanted in the food processor,  I was standing right there walking her through the whole process, and made sure to tell her to put the lid on before she plugged it in, but I didn't notice that she didn't get the lid put on quite right... Well with a turn of the knob, the lid wiggled off and there were bananas,  milk and ice covering the counter, splashed all over the front of the cupboards and all over the cloth covered stools, the floor.  and dripping from my sweet girl's hair.

At one point in my life I might have let this ruin my whole morning,   but not anymore. Here was my girl standing there with milk dripping from her hair giving me this odd little smile and all I could do is laugh, she looked so cute.  I really hadn't planned on scrubbing the kitchen floor, or washing the cupboard fronts this morning... although truthfully it needed cleaning before this happened.

When I first became a mom and only had 1 little toddler running around,  I actually used to follow him around while he was playing with his toys,  and as soon as he moved on to something new,  I would clean up the mess that he had just left behind.  Well obviously as we had more children I didn't have the time or energy to do that!  

I still like us to keep things picked up and tidy,  and everyone has their chore charts to work off of,  but I am much more relaxed in that area... Maybe it's because I have witnessed how quickly time passes and want to concentrate on the most important things. 


No comments: