Monday, April 18, 2011

Journaling . . .




I have decided to "try" and journal. I have realized that I am a terrible blogger, but perhaps that I can journal. We will see. :)

This past weekend we went to the Peoria Homeschool Convention (Kent, Faith and I). We had a much needed break from routine and although tired, we had a nice little get-a-way. The speaker was John Stonestreet and his talks we on World Vision. He was a good speaker, representing Summit Ministries in Colorado. They have a world vision curriculum that we are considering doing with the children. We were gone from Friday morning until Saturday evening. This is the first break we have had in about 2 years. We really needed it. :)

Monday morning started off a little slow, with my sister bringing some pants for Michelle to hem up. The sewing machines didn't want to cooperate and it took most of the morning. It was probably was God, reminding me that life doesn't go according to my schedule and I need to relax and let life happen according to His plan. Here I was just back from the homeschool convention, ready to really implement MY schedule. Of course with having a baby and a 18 month year old at the begining of the school year, nothing has really gone as planned anyway. In retrospect, I wish there was a way that I could have just skipped school this past year and taken more time to enjoy my two little ones. Summer is upon us and I am going to soak in as many carefree summer days with all of them as I can!

We recently accquired 50 chickens to raise for meat. So far we have just lost 1. Not too bad. The one that died was one of the largest ones and Jacob thinks that maybe its head was too big to fit into the feeder and maybe it starved to dearh. Poor thing! We took care of that problem A.S.A.P. The chicks are a little over 2 weeks old.



                                                                          Then



                                                                         Now

No comments: